Learn more about epilepsy and seizures: ways to live well, how to successfully manage seizures, and to empower people living with epilepsy.
1 In 10 People will experience a seizure in their lifetime
1 In 26 People will be diagnosed with epilepsy
39% of adults who experienced seizures in the past year had not seen a neurologist
65K people in Northeast Ohio have active epilepsy
Who We Are
Empowering Epilepsy was created by people in Cleveland, Ohio directly affected by epilepsy. While looking for support, there were limited resources outside the epileptologist’s office. Our goal is to create a caring community that allows people with epilepsy and their families to find proactive ways to manage their seizures and take charge of their lives.
- Sat, Feb 11Rocket Mortgage Field House
- Sat, Mar 04Fairview High School Track
- Sun, Mar 19RollHouse Entertainment Parma
- Thu, Mar 23RollHouse Entertainment Solon
- Sat, Mar 25Location is TBD
- Sun, Mar 26AMF Riviera Lanes
- Sat, May 20Mall B
- Sat, Jun 17Empowering Epilepsy HeadquartersJun 17, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDTEmpowering Epilepsy Headquarters, 23500 Mercantile Rd Suite D, Beachwood, OH 44122, USAHas your doctor said that brain surgery could be an option for you? That can be a scary road, as it involves many scans, tests, and evaluations. Learn more about the road to brain surgery for epilepsy. Can it help? What are your chances it will work? How can you make the best decision?
is to provide free and low cost educational programs and services to show people with epilepsy what they can do while living with seizures.
Empowering Epilepsy was created by people with epilepsy in Northeast Ohio for people with epilepsy. Our events are either free or low-cost thanks to donations from people, families, businesses and foundations like you. Empowering Epilepsy is a nonprofit 501(c)3 public charity organization.
I wanted to share a short version of my story, and to tell you how thankful I am for what you are doing with Empowering Epilepsy. Thank you for educating the population of healthcare providers, teachers, family members and friends of those with epilepsy, and every other community member. Thank you for creating a safe space for all of those affected by epilepsy. I know when I was growing up, I had always wished I had someone who could truly understand how I was feeling as well.
Did You Know?
Causes of Death in Epilepsy Include:
Status Epilepticus Seizures, SUDEP, Suicide, and Seizure related causes including drowning, head injury, or other accidents.
Discussing proactive ways to better control seizures with your epileptologist can save lives!
Epilepsy Funding Needed
More people are diagnosed with Epilepsy than Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson's Disease COMBINED!
Yet, epilepsy receives significantly fewer federal dollars per patient than each of these diseases.
Over 3.4 million people in the United States and...
over 65 million people worldwide have been diagnosed with
Donate to Help Us
Change the Conversation About Epilepsy!
Here are some ways you can donate:
Empowering Epilepsy Headquarters
23500 Mercantile Road, Suite D
Beachwood, OH 44122
Over the Phone
It's easy to donate offline too.